Pipes & Drains
Clogged drains are a fairly common occurrence in most households, but they can be prevented, and they should never be left unclogged. Luckily, Windsor residents can count on the experts at Fahrhall to get their pipes & drains unclogged and flowing freely again.
Minor clogs and blockages can be dislodged relatively easily with a plunger in most cases, but severe clogs will require a plumbing professional to clear them. It depends on the location of the clog and how severe it is, but most situations that require a professional plumber will require rooter service.
What is Rooter Service?
Initially, rooter service was developed to clear tree roots from pipes, hence the name, but over time plumbers realized it was an excellent way to clear stubborn clogs from pipes and drains as well. Although it is still used primarily to clear clogs caused by tree roots, it’s now the go-to method for clearing sewer lines and drain blockages too. Rooter service needs to be performed by a licensed professional, so if you have blockages in your pipes & drains that just won’t clear, be sure to contact Fahrhall to find out if rooter service is what you need to get your pipes flowing again.
Rooter service can solve a number of problems including:
- Clogged pipes & drains
- Sewer back-ups
- Overflowing Toilets
What are the warning signs of a clogged drain?
- Sink backing up
- Water pooling in shower
- Slow draining water
- Bubbles in the toilet when you run the sink
- Rotten smell coming from kitchen sink
- Sewage odours coming from drains
How to clear clogged pipes & drains before calling for help?
- Partially fill your sink with water.
- If the sink in question has two connected basins, block one drain with a wet rag or plug. If the sink has an overflow drain near the top, block it with a wet rag.
- Plunge the clogged drain with a plunger.
- Repeat the process several times until the drain clears.
- If the drain doesn’t clear after a few attempts that means the blockage is quite severe, and you’ll need to contact a plumber to come and clear it.